Sunday 7 February 2010

8 x 6 Single aspect

There's a row of thatched canal cottages for sale not far from us, we noticed them when out for a walk. I'm sure many people would give their right arm for a thatched cottage but I'm not one of them, for some reason they have never appealed to me. The little building in the garden, on the other-hand, completely caught my imagination in a big way! -Even though I'm not certain what it would have been used for, something that needed a fire - laundry??

I can't honestly say had it been for sale individually that I might not have put in a bid for it :-) Don't ask me what I would have done with it.
Although.. the little building backs onto a public path and given that it is situated next to a tea shop and the canal I think I would like to fill it with my little creations and turn it into a bagpuss style craft shop. The smallest craft shop in Britain perhaps! :-)

Dreaming aside there are no prizes for guessing where the inspiration for my latest batch of wooden buttons came from..

Measuring up to 2 inches tall and made from oak and pine these little houses look great used as a feature button on a scarflet or as a journal fastener. I've swapped several with a fellow crafter, an artist in Spain, I can't wait to see how she incorporates them into her work.





3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a teeny weeny craft shop! If you have any of the wooden buttons left, please put them up for sale in your Etsy shop as I'd love to have some. I'm really "into" unusual buttons at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've posted a couple of pics of other shapes I make, please let me know if you have other shapes in mind and I will see if I can make them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the heart Mahogany one and the small house shaped ones but I can't see any for sale in the shop yet (she says most impatiently!) I also want to buy that lovely Lucet kit at the same time. :-) This is your URL isn't it -
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/tigerlilly

    ReplyDelete